Jacking your job in... what an evocative phrase it is. The stuff of dreams on a Monday morning. So full of wondrous, endless possibilities. No more 9 to 5 grind. The world suddenly at your feet. Or the unemployment queue.
But, having procrastinated for years, I've finally done it. I've jacked my job in. If you could see smiles in typeface, you'd see one now on my face! My last day at my desk is around 21 December 2012. I plan to head off out into the world and see what's there. I'll be spending 2013 travelling and volunteering abroad, mainly by myself, and accompanied by my boyfriend during his annual leave. After two and a half years based in Preston, I'll be leaving Lancashire behind and moving to Cumbria, as my new home in the UK, with said boyfriend.
Bonkers or inspired? Time will tell.
Interestingly, though, no one I've told so far has said I'm insane... all I've heard is, 'I'm so jealous!' My subconscious reminds me they won't be jealous when I'm out buying a red lamp if it all goes wrong! Yes, leaving a steady job in the north west of England in the current economic climate doesn't immediately strike you as a sensible thing to do. But then neither is going to your deathbed with regrets. And, as the saying goes, I'd rather regret something I did than something I didn't do.
So I hope you'll come with me, virtually at least, as I plan and head off on a new life of Cumbria and the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment