Monday, 25 February 2013

Last days in Jaipur

Mount Abu, Monday 25 February 2013

Here are just a few random pics from my last few days in Jaipur. This city didn't really grab me in the way that others have, although it's a stalwart on the tourist trail. It has a few buildings that are really interesting, and which I did enjoy visiting, but other than that, to me it was just another busy Indian city - and, being a mountain gal...

This is apparently a famous Hindi cinema, the Raj Mandir in Jaipur. 

A procession that passed outside the house I was staying in in Jaipur... part of the festivities to celebrate a new temple.

Gabi and I went into McDonalds in Jaipur just to have a giggle at the unusual items on the menu! Here, a Chicken Maharaja Mac.

Or how about a McSpicy Paneer?

Women in tribal dress by the roadside outside Jaipur

The Raj Mandir cinema by night

A few scenes from another parade linked to the new temple. The woman at the  front left is my host's mum.

Beautiful

A necklace of flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment